Rizzo Island PC/Dreamcast Demo v2
A downloadable rizzo island demo for Windows
Become a Patron on our Patreon and help support our team!
This is a demo for the full game which should be coming out in Summer 2020.
A new 3D platformer for the Dreamcast!?!?!
This game is a 3D platformer that follows the adventure of my late Uncle Tom Rizzo. He was a musician who loved making music, and I wanted to honor him in my own special way!
Tom Rizzo was traveling around in his Psychedelevator, trying to find a new place to chill out, when OH NO! HE FELL OUT! Now he has to make his way across the island to get back to the psychedelevator so he can get home! Platform your way across 2 demo levels with music composed by my uncle, and collect the rune stones to complete each level!
Includes the PC game and a Dreamcast CDI disc image to burn (compatible with imgburn)!
Uses the Darkplaces (PC) and nuQuake (Dreamcast) Quake Engines
Dreamcast version playable in some Dreamcast emulators, including redream on Android Devices!
WARNING: Some emulators might have problems running the game. This is because the current version of NuQuake uses a low-level port of OpenGL and an outdated version of the KOS audio library. As such, sound effects may not appear or graphical glitches may occur in emulators.
Screenshots are from Dreamcast version of the game and Dreamcast gameplay can be found in the video.
"Works great and was pretty fun really enjoy the music
Bravo on a great start! Keep up the good work! I bet this can make an interesting and chill game to sit with." - TacT, Dreamcast-Talk Forums
"Thank you very much for your work, I tested it on my DC and the demo is AWESOME. Some features I would like to highlight:
1) Soundtrack is great and fits the game very well. Tom definitely was a great musician
2) Controller is very precise. I have tried some third-person games made with first-person engines (mostly Doom engine) and controllers were not good, so I wasn't expecting much from this... but it actually worked very nice with Dreamcast analog. Kudos!" - TuxTheWise, Dreamcast-Talk Forums
|Updated||8 days ago|
|Release date||Mar 23, 2018|
|Tags||3D, 3D Platformer, Abstract, david-croshaw, dreamcast, homebrew, Music, Retro, sega, tom-rizzo|
|License||GNU General Public License v2.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Links||Patreon, Twitter, Homepage|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- DC Version Now Runs at 60 FPS!!!Oct 01, 2019
- Rizzo Island NuQuake 2 Level Demo Released!Jun 27, 2019
- Updated PC Version for Itch.io AppJun 19, 2019
- Biggest Update Yet!Nov 30, 2018
- PC Game Updated to Include Dreamcast FeaturesAug 10, 2018
- Another Update! Finally Fixed Lighting System!Jul 23, 2018
- Just Kidding New Demo Update! - Dreamcast OnlyJul 20, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.